- Your queries are split into terms and phrases, fields and operators
- Term: Single word, e.g. internet
- Phrase: Several terms, combined by quotation marks: "Internet of Things"
- Fields: Areas you are scanning: Title, Abstract, Description, Tags (by default all of them)
- Operators: Special characters to link or modify terms: "OR", "-" , "?"
- Search terms are not case sensitive: "itonicssuite" = "itonicssuite" = "itonicssuite"
- Operators are case sensitive: OR not or
Linking search terms
- Widen results: OR
- eco OR green
- Find items that contain either of the words "eco" or "green"
- Narrow results: AND or whitespace
- eco AND green
- eco green
- Finds only items that contain both words
- Exclude terms: NOT
- eco NOT green
- Finds items that contain “eco” but not "green"
Modify search terms
- Fuzzy search: "~"
- Finds items with "foam", "roam" or "foams"
- Proximity search: "~" + number
- "smart home"~10
- Finds items that contain the terms within 10 words of each other
- Boost a term: "^"
- home automation^5
- The boosted term has a higher weight in the calculation of result relevance
- Search Fields: "field:<term>"
- title:car OR tags:automotive
- Finds items that contain "car" in the title or has tag called "automotive".
- Other possible field keywords are:"abstract: <term>" and "description: <term>"
- Please do not add blank space between colon and searh term.
- Group terms: (...)
- (multi OR omni) AND channel
- Finds items with either one of the terms in brackets and "channel"